It’s always exciting when digital releases make the leap to a physical/boxed edition, and we just found out that that’s happening for Root Double (which we reviewed here), and it’s happening TODAY! Here’s the full announcement:
ININ Games is excited to announce the boxed, physical release for Nintendo Switch of the much acclaimed Sekai Project Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition one of Japan’s greatest graphic novel adventure games will be released this week, Friday 29th January 2021.
Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition is both genre innovative and extends the boundaries of what is a truly epic graphic novel that many have heralded as one of the finest crime thrilling stories gamers can experience.
Set in 2030 in a combined city and research hub, the residents are unable to interact with the outside world without permission from the local government. After an accident at an institute in the city, one of the game’s two protagonists, Watase Kasasagi, is sent in as part of a rescue team; the other, a high school student named Natsuhiko Tenkawa, happens to be in the institute at the time of the accident.
At the start of the game, there are two story scenarios for the player to choose from. Each scenario is told from a different character’s perspective in which the player assumes the role of; You must search for survivors, make the right choices, build your relationships, and regain your memories as you try to stay alive. An essential component in the game is the “Senses Sympathy System” (“SSS”) and throughout the game, the player is given a chance to adjust their impressions (“Senses”) of the characters (including the characters that they are taking the role of) using sliders.
- Beautiful artwork reworked in full HD.
- Directed by Ever17 Creator Takumi Nakazawa.
- Hours and hours of story that dynamically changes based on your choices.
- Unique gameplay (Senses Sympathy System) sets it apart from conventional visual novels.
- Mature serious storyline.
- Fully voiced in Japanese by famous voice actors.
- High replayability requires replaying to see all possible story outcomes.
- Two storyline branches – one before the crime and one after the crime.